Welcome to Kalamaki Crete!
Kalamaki, about 70 km from Heraklion, is a small coastal village in the south of Crete. For all those whowant to avoid mass tourism with hotel complexes and discotheques on each and every corner, Kalamaki can offer some relaxing days or weeks. The 2.5 km long sandy beach guarantees an enjoyable beach holiday. Because of the size of the beach, the visitors, among them many Greeks, are spread out nicely across the beach.
For sun protection, authentic self-made straw umbrellas characterize the beach, contrary to the heavy duty out-of-the-box umbrellas one so often finds. Every now and then the beach chairs are made available by the taverns free of charge, which is also rather rare in Greece. For the freshwater addicts there is a Swimming Pool (with bar) you can visit on the main entrance road of the village.
The location of Kalamaki offers many possibilities of undertaking trips to lots of interesting places and of becoming acquainted with Crete in general. Some examples with distances from Kalamaki and short descriptions can be found in the sight-seeing section.
Which particularly is pleasant about Kalamaki, are the genuineness and cosines as well as the warm-heartedness of its inhabitants, that give this place it's natural charm.
On the main square, you'll find Mini-Markets, which can provide you with everything you need for a pleasant holiday. We can provide you with cars, minibuses, jeeps or motorcycles and bicycles which are for rent. Also tours and/or trips (for example a daily trip to the most southern point of Europe, the island Gavdos or to the Preveli Beach) are organized.
Directions to Kalamaki and Kostas Hotel
Notes: Use our directions to come to our place. Avoid gps instructions because shows a lot of ways, sometimes not so useful.
Directions from Heraklion Airport
- 1) Exit the Airport in the direction of the radar dome (big golf ball) and onto the main E75 highway heading west towards Chania and Rethymno. Road signs being in Greek, signs in English will follow them.
- 2) Look out for the sign for Agia Varvara, Mires.
- 3) After Mires and just before the town of Timbaki, (from your right site you see NISSAN cars) you turn left and head towards the village of Kamilari.
- 4) Turn right at a sharp bend before entering the village of Kamilari and head for Kalamaki Beach.
- 5) KOSTAS hotel can be found on the main village square. We wait you there!
Directions from Chania Airport
- 1) Leaving the airport of Chania follow the road to Souda and the national road in direction Rethymnon. Outside of Rethymnon turn at the first junction to the right in direction Spili and Agia Galini. Outside of Agia Galini follow the road in direction Timbaki.
- 2) After the town of Timbaki, (from your left site you see NISSAN cars) you turn right and head towards the village of Kamilari.
- 3) Turn right at a sharp bend before entering the village of Kamilari and head for Kalamaki Beach
- 4) KOSTAS hotel can be found on the main village square. We wait you there!
Find Kalamaki and Kostas Hotel on Google Map
- SPECIAL OFFER #1
14 days, room for 2 people included Sat-TV, Air conditioner with car of Category A from/to airport Iraklion. Complete only 700 €.
- SPECIAL OFFER #2
14 days, apartment for 2 people included Sat-TV, Air conditioner with car of Category A from/to airport Iraklion. Complete only 760 €.
- SPECIAL OFFER #3
14 days, apartment for 4 people included Sat-TV, Air conditioner with car of Category D from/to airport Iraklion. Complete only 1140 €.